Temp HR Associate
Our client, a private school on the Upper Westside, is looking for a Temporary HR Associate to join their team. They are looking for candidates with a passion for the HR space, and interest in education, and ideally some exposure to benefits enrollment and system management, payroll processing, FMLA leaves, and strong client-facing experience.
This is a full-time, in-office contract position with the potential to convert to a permanent role. Please note that candidates must be vaccinated against Covid-19 to be considered.
Pay: $23-$27/hour depending on experience
Support the Director of Human Resources and Talent Management. The associate will be responsible for the administration of benefit plans, facilitate and assist with payroll, assist with recruitment and coordinating interviews, employee onboarding and offboarding, The Human Resources Associate resolves benefit and payroll-related issues and ensures effective use of plans and positive employee relations. This associate provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping and file maintenance.
- Assist the Director of Human Resources in administering benefit plans, including enrollments, plan changes and terminations. Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions
- Reconciles and processes monthly benefit billing for all plans
- Coordinate annual open enrollment with assistance from broker
- Assist with preparation of payroll including data entry and completing internal forms
- Manages the life cycle of employees in the human capital management system.
- Manage leaves of absences in accordance with state and federal laws and school policy.
- Coordinates with payroll for payment of paid-time off and reconciling of wages
- Resolve escalated employee questions and problems by interpreting benefits plans and procedures; ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution
- Oversee the pre-employment background check process for all employees including other ancillary school employees. Verification of I-9’s and fingerprinting - Ensure timely compliance of COBRA administration with our third-party administrator
- Coordinates onboarding and offboarding of employees in accordance with all internal school processes
- Coordinate enrollments, plan changes and termination of employees for all benefit plans
- Prepare, collect and organize data reports for annual Business Office audit
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local government regulations and keep abreast of all new legislation and up-to-date legal information posted
- Updates HR-related content on the school’s online Faculty and Staff Resource Board
- Support recruitment process and coordinates interviews
- Willing to display a commitment to anti-bias and anti-racism work and to promoting inclusion, belonging and equity through their work in the classroom and school community
- Other related duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree required and 2 or more years of related work experience
- Working understanding of human resources principles and practices
- Previous experience in benefits administration and billing
- Working knowledge of current human capital management software, Paycom preferred
- Proficient with Google Workspace & Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint - Strong verbal and written communication skills to collaborate, develop partnerships and encourage trust of vendors, supervisors, and employees
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; Be a team player and have the ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff
- Sets a respectful, collaborative, and positive tone, and recognizes our responsibility to create a diverse and inclusive environment that supports and celebrates each individual in our school community
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism with regard to employees and school information
Apply to this Job
How It Works
Meet your dedicated recruiter in person to explore your experience and goals + identify opportunities that fit your skillset and expectations.
Be prepared to discuss your background, career goals and expectations. If you’re a fit for our open roles, we’ll schedule an in-person meeting.
Meet & match
Interview & place
Your Recruiter will work closely with you to submit your resume to open roles and work to secure interviews at top companies.
Not sure what you’re looking for? We can still help!
Submit your resume and we’ll reach out if we have a great match.